Sometimes, families are not just limited to what you commonly believe as blood-tied relationships. It is where your heart belongs, your feelings are understood, and you learn how to spread love and warmth regardless of race, language, and religion. A blended family is such a typical example that we should take into consideration. This article will provide you with beneficial information and an overall understanding of stepfamily as well as loving blended family quotes and sayings from various sources.
Blended Family: What You Need to Know
These days, it is becoming difficult to ignore the popularity of remarriages that include children from previous relationships, forming a blended family. In other words, blended families – or stepfamilies – mean that parents may have had their own sons and daughters before getting married. The father/mother will not be biologically related to their partner’s kids. In some cases, adopted and fostered children are also part of the blended family.
On the one hand, a blended family may serve as a constructive factor behind your relationships. You are likely to learn to stay sharper, kinder, more compassionate towards your new spouse and his/her children. On the other hand, this circumstance is also a big challenge for you to take up. It can become less of a rewarding experience than you thought if you have no idea how to plan things ahead.
Unfortunately, blended families are not always easy as pie to work out from the beginning. Your own child may show rejection and rebellious behaviors, or get frustrated when things don’t live up to expectations. Probably, it takes an all-out effort to preserve your new family unity and balance.
Yet, don’t give up if you feel like you’re not doing enough to be a good stepparent. Forming mutual connections and understanding is not child’s play, especially when people from different backgrounds live together under one roof. Don’t expect to make your new partner’s children feel your empathy overnight. Only by plenty of love, patience, communication, and respect can parents share a close bond with stepchildren.
An ideal method recommended by experts is to share new experiences together. Try to engage in out-of-the-ordinary activities that creates a vibe of fun and excitement together. Step by step, when your family manages to blend in harmony, you will have more precious time and people to love and to be loved.
50 Meaningful Quotes About Blended Family
If you are about to, or already, become part of a mixed family, may these blended family quotes help create a warm and loving atmosphere. We believe that they will motivate everyone to get along well with each other at ease. By the way, these stepfamily quotes can also be printed on ornaments, gift cards, wall-hanging decor, or shared on social media.
1. Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each other’s backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other!Dave Willis
2. Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.Lisa Weed
3. Instead of raising children who turn out okay despite their childhood, let’s raise children who turn out extraordinary because of their childhood.L.R. Knost
4. There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart.C. Joybell
5. There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.Sue Atkins
6. Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.Leigh Anne Tuohy
7. Stepparents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience.Azriel Johnson
8. The secret to blending families is… There is no secret. It’s scary and awesome and ragged and perfect and always changing. Love and laugh hard, try again tomorrow, but that’s life advice, right?Mir Kamin
9. Blended families are a beautiful mix of diverse people who each serve an important role in our lives. At times, it can be challenging to appreciate everyone’s unique beauty.Deana Keller La Rosa
10. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.Richard Bach
Funny Blended Family Quotes
11. It would take too long to explain how we’re all technically related, but it only takes one word to sum it up.
12. To create a stepfamily you have to be apartmental: a part mental!
13. Bright families are just like bright colors: when you blend two, such as red and blue, you get something beautiful.
14. Just like stepfamilies, there’s a reason you’re supposed to keep the lid on when blending, so all the ingredients don’t come flying out at once!
15. Step into our family and see what the good crazy is all about.
16. We might not be keeping up with the Kardashian’s, but we certainly make blended families look good!
17. My stepfamily is like the Olympics, we come together for the opening ceremony, then it’s every man for himself!
18. Having step siblings means double the wardrobe and double the toys.
19. We combined our two families to make one mega, magical, super-strong, ultra-powerful family.
20. Like a delicious smoothie, we’re blended to perfection!
21. Step-families are like a belt: some days you have to take them in, while other days you need to let them out.
22. Safety warning: Watch your stepfamily!
23. Our blended family is unique, silly, and filled with lots of love.
24. Having a stepfamily means there are more siblings to blame when I make a mess!
Mixed Family Quotes About Hardships
25. Stop thinking that things are going to be perfect. It’s not going to happen. The kids will not get along all the time, the house will not always be quiet… You will not always hear ‘please’ and ‘thank you.’ It isn’t realistic. What is realistic is taking stock of how incredibly lucky you are to have more children to love and to guide.Kellee Mulkerin-Ford
26. A stepparent is so much more than just a parent: They made the choice to love when they didn’t have to.
27. Your children need your presence more than your presents.Jesse Jackson
28. Pick your battles with everyone, including yourself… remind yourself every day that you have been given another chance at love and cherish that opportunity.Jessica Warrick
29. Nothing in the world feels more personal than rejection from a child upon who you have showered love and emotional energy. But it’s not about you. Really. Moms can brush off the rejection because they know that their children will be back on track the moment a new emotional or physical need arises. A stepmom’s first instinct is to blame herself and consider what it is she may have done to earn the treatment she received.
30. Stepparenting is like working at a late-night convenience store: All of the responsibility and none of the authority.
31. It takes a strong man to accept somebody else’s children and step up to the plate another man left on the table.
32. If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.Letty Cottin Pogrebin
33. Don’t worry if you’re not an instant, happily-ever-after blended family. Expect to endure ‘I give up’ days and rejoice in the ‘I can do this,’ days. It will take work, dedication, an excellent sense of humor, and strong resolve. But hey, since when has any family taken the easy route? Don’t do ‘easy’—do ‘worth it!Jessica James
34. It takes a lot of work to put together a marriage; to put together a family and a home.Elizabeth Edwards
35. A Stepdad doesn’t just marry his wife: He marries her entire situation… He has to find a balance between supporting her and defending her – without overstepping invisible boundaries that may exist.
36. The hardest thing is to be a stepmom. To love your husband’s kids even when their mother is teaching them to hate you.
37. The dynamics of a traditional family don’t even come close to the complications that stepfamilies face.Gayla Grace
38. Any man can help make a child, but it takes a special man to help raise a child.
39. As a stepparent, you should be more concerned with your child’s happiness than your petty insecurities and jealousies.
40. You have to take things slowly. Just because you love someone doesn’t mean you’re going to automatically love their children. All relationships take time to grow and develop. Be willing to give everyone the time and space they need; it will come.Kelly LeFurgey
41. What I’m doing isn’t about me, it’s about the two little kids that my husband brought into my life. It is about them and making sure that they feel safe, happy, and supported.
Blended Family Quotes of Step-siblings
42. Step siblings share a unique connection that is unlike any other.
43. Step siblings are siblings by choice.
44. Although we haven’t known each other since birth, I know that my step sister will always be there for me.
45. Why call us step-siblings, to me we’re sisters.
46. Though not all of my brothers and sisters are related, the love I have for them sees no bounds.
47. A step-sibling is one giant step in growing in life, together.
48. The relationships between step-siblings are complex, messy, and beautifully wonderful.
49. Step siblings go through ups and downs but are there for each other through it all.
50. You’re the sister I always wanted and I’m so happy that we’re forever bonded as step-siblings.
Don’t forget to check out more related posts and discussions from our Blended Family stories.