Moms are often associated with some inherently outstanding attributes in terms of loving and caring. Relentlessly pursuing the dream of a happy family and making great sacrifices for her kids are just a minor part that cannot match a mom’s virtues. However, it is not always a walk in the park for stay at home moms to gain the same favor. That’s why these stay at home mom quotes and sayings are here to help us understand more of their daily ups and downs.
Stay at home moms are often treated with biases. Don’t let those preconceptions put you in a bad mood. Let these funny stay at home mom quotes be your friends.
Stay At Home Moms: Who Are They?
There are no tricks at all because the phrase “stay at home” literally says it. Yet, this is the main factor behind a variety of controversial preconceptions of stay at home moms among us.
Some people think they’re living their life to the fullest by making an off-the-beaten-path decision. Some consider them to be lazy moms pampered by her family’s luxurious fortune without contributing to society’s welfare. In their perspective, if there’s a job deemed for these moms, it must be “staying at home and counting husband’s money”.
However, stay at home moms deserve to be liberated from such prejudices and judgments. Several surveys have gathered enough data to conclude that being a stay at home mom suffers from major drawbacks. While some ideas may vary upon each person’s background, the results remain true now and then.
On the one hand, the upsides can be explained by the Pew Research Center’s study. Their analysis showed a consensus among a majority of American respondents. Most of them agreed that a child would perform better at school and decrease stress levels when at least one parent stays home.
On the other hand, a stay at home parent will be subjected to higher levels of sadness and social isolation. They are now responsible for not only themselves but also, and probably, a little kid who cannot do a thing on his own. Eventually, this situation may turn into a dilemma. The parent now desires to avoid all the nervous strain by returning to work like before. Meanwhile, choosing to stay home is still worth considering because they can take good care of their kids and save a big amount of money for babysitting services.
20 Stay At Home Mom Quotes That Teach More Than A lesson
It doesn’t matter what other people have on their minds, stay at home moms are doing a great job. All they need is a little encouragement here and there to help stiffen up against more challenges ahead. Sometimes they get super tired of unnamed stuff, yet “giving up” is not an available option.
If you find yourself related to those circumstances or overwhelmed by your daily to-do list, the below list of being a stay at home mom quotes is for you.
Sympathetic Stay At Home Mom Quotes
1. It’s about getting the kids up and fed, getting one to school, getting the other down for a nap, going to the grocery store, picking one up from school, getting the other one down for another nap, cooking dinner… I live my life at these two extremes. I’m either a full-time stay-at-home mom or a full-time actress.
2. I am a stay at home mom. This doesn’t mean I’m lazy, stupid, or uneducated. I work hard 34 hours a day!
3. When you’re a stay at home mother, you have to pretend it’s really boring, but it’s not. It’s enriching and fulfilling, an amazing experience.
4. Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, or on the red carpet, or in Afghanistan, the better you feel, the better you do your job. Bobbi Brown
5. The hardest part of being a stay at home mom was deciding which of our homes to stay at.
6. Don’t judge the stay at home mom. She needs a break from her kids and she is burnt out. She is lonely but it’s a lot of work to leave the house. She does nothing but cleans up messes and everything is always a mess. Her entire life revolves around other people. What she is doing is harder than you know.
7. I hope my children look back on today and see a mother who had time to play. There will be years for cleaning and cooking. As children are growing up while we’re not looking.
8. I think it’s a tough road if you’re a stay at home mom, a working mom, if you have a partner, if you don’t. It’s the best job in the world, and the toughest job in the world all at the same time.
9. The empty nest comes quickly. Do not squander your most precious privilege of participating in the lives of your children.
10. Working moms, stay-at-home moms, they’re both extremely hard jobs.
Funny Stay At Home Mom Quotes
11. You know you’re officially living the mom’s life when changing out of sweatpants into yoga pants is how you get ready for the day.
12. My kids are my cardio!
13. Naptime is when moms frantically try to cram 24 hours of work into 2 hours, or less…
14. I was going to throw in the towel, but then I remembered how much laundry I already had.
15. The next person who says that being a stay at home mom is easy is gonna get punched in the face, with a hammer.
16. You know you are a stay at home mom when your kids ask where you are going when you put on jeans.
17. My kids are the reason I wake up each morning, the reason I breathe… and why my hair is falling out, my house is a mess and I’m crazy.
18. So now tell me more about these “days off” and “weekends” you speak of and how do I sign up for them?
19. My husband can’t afford a full-time chef, nanny, accountant, housekeeper, pet sitter… So I became a stay at home mom.
20. “My workday is done, I am finally off work for the day!”, never said a stay at home mom.
Interested in more meaningful quotes for moms? Take a look at our 50 Inspirational Blended Family Quotes That Show Empathy.